Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Beginning of the End

Finally, after a year and a half of paperwork and waiting, my wife Becky and I have a firm date for our departure. Going to Kazakhstan mid-winter to adopt a child seems ever more far-out as the parting time draws near. It is now early January, and I have already taken off of work to achieve a sense of order on the home-front before the new member of our clan makes his presence. Our son Edward is certainly excited; as an only child he has longed to have a companion for the many adventures that our family likes to engage. Given that "Operation Kazakhstan" seems to be reserved for Becky and myself (Edward will not be traveling), I am hoping that this blog will in part serve to keep him connected while we are away. I also hope that this blog will help to keep our greater family abreast with the progress as this saga unfolds.
In the next post, I will describe some of the details about our adoption from Kazakhstan and what, as far as we know, we are to expect.

Charles

3 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Hi I just found your blog and look forward to follow your journey. Travel safely. We are also waiting to adopt from Kaz.

Greg S said...

Charles I am very much looking forward to your safe return with a new Family member. It is a great thing that you are doing.

Respectfully,

Greg

Max Hanna said...

Hi Family Ryon,
We are so glad to hear that everyone arrived safe and sound and that you have chosen such a charming little guy to add to your already charming family.
We can't wait to meet him...Max (mini) especially is looking forward to his new playmate.
All our thoughts and prayers and good karma is being sent your way,
Love the Hannas